Whole or 2% milk
liquid dish soap
plate or bowl
1. Pour enough milk in the plate to cover the bottom.
2. Add drops food coloring on the milk..
3. Dip the swab into the soap.
4. Touch the swab to the center of the milk.
5. Don't stir. It is not necessary. It will do something cool all by itself. Hint: if you want to do this again, make sure you clean the plate really well.
Why do you think this happened?
What would happen if you used different types of milk (1%, skim, half and half)?
What would happen if you added more drops of coloring? Fewer drops?
What would happen if you added more soap? Or a different kind?